April 21st 2013
Driving is basically a journey in a car. Driving someone can also mean boosting someone’s morale and providing him courage or determination. A term known as “driving force” is also used. It refers to the natural urge inside that pushes you forward in order to achieve something or realise any goal.
In the words of Robert Nelson, “American is making coffee a bigger part of their lives, expanding attitudes and behaviours that are driving new levels of consumption.
”Driving safely in a car is always advisable. You are advised to put on your seat belts, drive below the speed limit, obey traffic rules and so on and so forth. All these are measures for your own safety, which completely lies in your hand.
In the words of Tommy Lasorda, “Baseball is like driving. It is one who gets home safely that counts.” Driving can have several interpretations, as such
- You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said ‘Parking Fine’!
- Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
- When I am driving I hate pedestrians! When I am a pedestrian, I hate drivers!
- 3 blonds were driving to Disney Land. The sign said ‘Disney World Left’ – so they started crying, turned around and drove home
- Never text while driving! I am pretty sure what you have to tell someone is not more important than your life!
- I failed my Driver’s Test. Driving Teacher – What do you do at a Red Light? Me – I usually respond to texts and check my facebook.
- I just saved a bunch of my money on my car insurance by switching – my car into reverse and driving away from the accident.
- Drinking and driving. There are stupider things, but it’s a very short list.
- The problem with drinking and driving is the mourning after!
- Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair
- There is nothing so strong or safe in any emergency of life as the simple truth
- All of us – parents, schools, communities and government – share responsibility to keep the kids safe – Bill Clinton
- Look Officer, I am not being a smartass. All I am saying is if you caught me then you were speeding too!
- If you must drink and drive, drink Pepsi
- It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and only one nut to scatter it all over the road!
- A tree never hits an automobile except in self defence
- The speedway ends at the cemetery
- The driver is safer when the roads are dry, the roads are safer when the driver is dry
- You booze, you cruise, you lose!
- A designated driver helps you party another day.
- When the car in front of me is driving slow, I move to the side a bit so the cars behind me can see I am not causing the traffic
- My hero is the one who overtakes also a fast moving car without careful looking – too bad the admiration ends that quick!
- I hate when I am set on running a yellow light and the person in front of me chickens out!
- No Officer, I didn’t see you in my rear view mirror – I was busy talking on my mobile
- I think car horns should sound like gun sots – I bet you will move then
- You are sitting on the passenger seat – don’t you dare touch my perfectly positioned vents
- I shouldn’t have driven home from the bar last night – especially since I walked there
- Yes Officer, I didn’t see the speed limit sign – I just didn’t see you
- Women drivers are like stars in the sky. You can see them, but they can’t see you
- That mini heart attack you get when the parked car next to you moves, and you think you are moving
- That frustrating moment when you don’t finish the text before the damn light turns green
- I am all about sharing the road with other drivers – as long as they use the part that is behind me
- Songs with sirens in them should not be allowed on the radio as they confuse me when driving
- I hate driving behind log trucks, all I can think about is Final Destination
- We are all going to hell, and I am driving the bus
- I can’t swim. I can’t drive either. Iwas going to learn to drive – but then I thought, well what if I crash into a lake?
- I had to stop driving for a while, the tires got dizzy
- Most of (USA) life consists of driving somewhere and then returning home, wondering why the hell you went
- It is like when people talk about driving F! Cars in the rain. I have absolutely no problem with it
- I don’t care whether you are driving a hybrid or SUV. If you are headed for a cliff, you have to change direction. Obama
- Baseball is like driving – its the one who gets home safely that counts
- You shouldn’t be driving a car if you are over the age of 80 – maybe even lesser than that
- So much of my life is spent just focussed on driving race cars
- My driving abilities from Mexico have helped me get through Hollywood
- There would be less accidents if there was a texting lane.
Compiled by Majid Al Suleimany
April 21st 2013
The book Being The Safe Driver – Order here – www.createspace.com/4097374 – or in Oman at Family Bookshops and WHSmith bookshops
Book Front Cover.